Are you looking for an easy appetizer to wow some guest for any party or just to make on a weekend barbeque? Well I’m finally sharing one of my most asked dish to bring to my family parties and my husband loves when I make this. It’s a little spicy but always goes quick!
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 15 Jalapenos (or more, depending on how many people you would like to serve)
- 8 Slices of Bacon (cooked and crumbled) or you can cheat and buy bacon bits in the salad dressing section. I’ve done that on times when I’m in a hurry, still tastes just as good.
- 4 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Place on a cookie sheet. Tip: use gloves or a spoon to remove the seeds and veins otherwise your fingers will burn, wash your hands immediately after.
- In a Medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar, chopped cilantro and bacon
- Spoon mixture into sliced jalapenos and place in oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese looks melted
- That’s it, enjoy!!
*Warning, some poppers may be a little spicy so beware. If you do not like spicy food then this is appetizer is not for you.
STEP ONE: Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Place on a cookie sheet
STEP 2: In a Medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar, chopped cilantro and bacon
STEP 3: Spoon mixture into sliced jalapenos and place in oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the cheese looks melted
STEP 4: Enjoy! Make sure to grab one because these always go quick!
10 thoughts on “Easy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe”
I would like the jalapeño peppers to be softer. Mine were still crispy.
Hi Darlene, maybe if you try not to keep them too long in the oven then they will be softer. I usually just keep an eye on them until I see the cheese melt and then take them out.
I made this for a birthday party, it was a hit!
I’m so happy to hear this and glad that everyone loved it. It’s my number one appetizer that everyone asks me to bring.
Those do look tasty.
Thanks and they are a favorite when I make them.
I am not surprised.
Oh my! Mouth watering! Defy making these next barbecue.
I hope you like them! They are a favorite when I make them.